Code Enforcement Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
  1. Who do I call for in regard to an animal complaint?

    The Gothenburg Police Department handles all animal complaints.  This includes loud animal sounds such as barking, etc.; abuse of animals; and neglect of an animal.  Please call the Gothenburg Police Department at (308) 537-3677 to enter a complaint.

  2. My neighbor has junk in his yard.  Is that legal?

    Junk is sometimes in the eye of the beholder.  However, there are times when “junk” reaches the level of a nuisance.  An Officer may make a determination to cite a person or persons for the storage of equipment, building materials, miscellaneous items and litter.  Most nuisance complaints can be solved by moving the materials into an enclosed building.

  3. My neighbor’s vehicle is not licensed or is inoperable.

    See the Municipal Code.